Saturday, January 7, 2017

The Microwave is our Friend

Coffee cup on diner table.
Have you ever wished it were possible to lose weight without trying--much? It actually is. This may surprise you, but if you work from home, or at any office, the chances are good that you are well acquainted with your microwave. Heating up coffee, making quick snacks, lunch in a box, or even boiling water are frequently done via microwave for the simplicity and cleanliness aspects.

So how does this possibly not-so-interesting fact tie in with losing weight? Simple. While your coffee is being internally radiated, don't sit down, don't just stand there, either. Jog. Yep, jog. Jog in place, or jog around the room. It may seem funny at first. In reality, it will probably look funny, especially if you're in a big office and even more so if you have the open floor plan of a Microsoft or Apple office arrangement. But don't let that stop you! You can be the trend setter.

So you've jogged in place for a grand total of 60 seconds. Wow. Big deal, you say. What's that supposed to do? Well, how many times do you heat up your coffee? Make popcorn? Or pizza? Most people average around 10 times per day, according to my informal survey. If you use the microwave, your friend, for an average of 1 minute, that is to say a mere 60 seconds per use, that's 10 minutes of jogging in place each day.

I'm not a youngster and not quite elderly, but I am at the stage where losing weight doesn't come as naturally to me as it does to my 23-year-old. And I can tell you, I was amazed at how easily the weight came off, and I'm talking about behind-me weight. It was such an great feeling. It was the first time I felt I had been amply rewarded for my creativity. The idea started out as a joke to entertain my shih tzus. But then I thought, why not do it every time? Less than a week later, I was down 2 pounds. If you combine this idea with the one in my previous blog post about shutting down the eating part of your day after dinner, you might have the same great success that we're having in our neck of the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment